The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

###STOLEN###

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 12 at 08:55
I second that! If you value it, mark it with the reg and part of the VIN at the very least. Engrave, etch, microdot, whatever it takes.

Anyone with a SA bus knows that all the glass was etched with the VIN from the dealers, so if we all do the same to grilles, mirrors, square lamps etc then there's an end to the trade in "hot" parts.

The problem will always be that if people want want want, their morals take a hike for as long as it takes to hand over the cash and get the bits bolted on. They'll be the first to bleat when they get ripped off though...

If the shits know can't sell them, they'll move on to some other target. Maybe the VW bus scene mags need to promote this so it becomes common knowledge that "most owners now security mark parts" and discourages the scrotes?
Have I missed anything?
danny872 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 12 at 08:59
The van is now up for sale to many sleepless nights of getting up and checking the van I've put cameras up and keep checking the footage it's taking over my life if I cought these people I would do time for the bastards
T5van View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 18:00
Really sad to see you do this because of some scum out there can't be arsed to work for a living and save up like every one else has to. I wouldn't give into them to be honest I would keep the van you have camera's now. Please don't let scum ruin your amazing looking van ! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123