Print Page | Close Window

Stolen westy Atlantic windows

Printed From: The Brick-yard
Category: The Brickyard
Forum Name: Stolen Van register.
Forum Description: A list of stolen vehicles.
URL: http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=82601
Printed Date: 28 Mar 24 at 10:13
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Stolen westy Atlantic windows
Posted By: robnewns
Subject: Stolen westy Atlantic windows
Date Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 11:27
Just got up this morning to find the windows missing from my vw T3 westfalia Atlantic. If anyone can help or knows of somebody in need of these windows, please let me know. They are quite rare as double glazed units and hard to come by. Probably stolen to order!
Cheers.

-------------
robbie

Replies:
Date Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 11:28
P.s I live in north east Wales near leeswood.

-------------
robbie

Posted By: Gtavalanche
Date Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 12:09
Thats shit mate. What colour? If you need replacements I have a pair or rear side dg windows in brown. Might be the wrong colour but it will keep some of the rain out for now.

-------------
I taste Hurty!

Posted By: jason k
Date Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 12:10
Bastards. Probably stolen to order.

Hope you can find em.

-------------
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Posted By: randolph57
Date Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 14:45
Bastards!
they are only available in grey on the atlantic and very distinguishanble with the vents in rear panes/units-hope you find whos responsible!

Posted By: youthy giblets
Date Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 17:42
Piss taking bastards hope you get them back and catch culprit

Posted By: max and caddy
Date Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 18:28
Not on that...hope they turn up...

Date Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 18:31
cheers randolph57, the vent is black and has circular holes in it, there is a definite dividing line inbetween the black and grey with a kind of black tape running inbetween divide from top to bottom.

-------------
robbie

Posted By: TransPorscher
Date Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 11:56
Fucking C**TS !!!  Note to others with these windows and all other nice parts. Security mark them and make it obvious with a sticker of something !!  Although this won't get yours returned in this case it might stop other C**TS doing this in the future.It might be worth putting in plain glass ones for now until you get the proper replacements in a condition you're happy with. Any probs getting the originals I'm sure there's a few people on here who could source them from Germany for you !!

-------------
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

Date Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 21:11
I know, the beauty of hindsight! Thanks for your reply. Spoke to a police officer who told me about safe water security marking, sounds like a good idea!:)

-------------
robbie

Posted By: bananaman
Date Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 22:26
Does the safewater marking last or is it something that has to be re-applied every now and then? It sounds like a good idea but do you get a sticker or something to make people aware that its been applied as otherwise they arent going to be put off are they?

-------------
T5 T32 SWB Kombi 130ps

Posted By: Alonline
Date Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 00:18
Sorry to here we can all do without this crap!

We have small stickers ,"Smile for the camera!"

Posted By: AdrianC
Date Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 16:20
They're not rare - just expensive. Gunzl sell 'em new.

-------------
Adrian & Ellie
Zookeeper of a miscellany of motoring silliness, from 0.75bhp to 9ft tall.
Living life on the road in an '88 2.1 Club Joker Hightop.
http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com

Posted By: randolph57
Date Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 20:25
I think you'll find they only have the full double glazed panes-not the Atlantic ones with the vents and don't have the opening window(resisted the swear filter just)-which makes them rare and expensive!!!!

Date Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 21:47
I know, a friend of mine has had a few atlantics and he said the same that the vented windows will be the hardest to find!

-------------
robbie

Date Posted: 31 Oct 13 at 07:32
Sorry Bananaman, thought I'd replied to your comment about safe water. It is permanent and is only detectable with uv. I'll do a bit more research when get time!

-------------
robbie

Date Posted: 31 Oct 13 at 07:34
Just occurred to me I was in Chester on Saturday. Maybe somebody followed me home which is only about 10 miles away!

-------------
robbie

Posted By: Stefvan
Date Posted: 07 Nov 13 at 22:23
Thats terrible ! Because another Westy owner has set up or done the theft !
Can those plastic windows be etched with your number plate ?

Stefvan

Posted By: DaveyP2004
Date Posted: 08 Nov 13 at 11:39
When my square headlights got stolen I etched the replacements and all glass with reg no.
I noticed that the company I bought the kit from also supply kits for plastic windows:
http://www.carsecuritymarking.co.uk/acatalog/Car___caravan_etching.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.carsecuritymarking.co.uk/acatalog/Car___caravan_etching.html

Cheers,
Dave

Posted By: cruz
Date Posted: 08 Nov 13 at 20:18
Jees Louise what bastards. And I thought it was shite when two twats in a van pinched my fiamma awning but that's taking the piss

Date Posted: 17 Nov 13 at 08:41
Sorry to hear that cruz, those awnings aren't cheap. It's going to cost over a grand to replace my windows with new ones and they're not even the exact replacements but they'll have to do! Still on the look out for the originals though, they'll turn up on somebodies van soon enough! It's just sad that every time a T3 drives past me I'm scrutinising the windows:(.   Thanks for your post Davey, I'll check your link out!:)

-------------
robbie

Posted By: Dropchip
Date Posted: 17 Nov 13 at 08:48
I see a set of westy windows on eBay yesterday.?

Posted By: SebRogers
Date Posted: 17 Nov 13 at 09:00
The ones on ebay aren't Atlantic windows (rears aren't vented)...

-------------
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
'94 T4 Westy Cali Club ABT 2.4td

Posted By: Baxter
Date Posted: 04 Jan 14 at 20:03
I just broke a Caravelle, I have a complete set of standard glass if you need something to see you through?

Posted By: Baxter
Date Posted: 04 Jan 14 at 20:04
Sorry, should have said, welcome to use it until your sorted.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 14 at 23:03
Hi Baxter.. Thanks for your kind offer but I've parked van up and sorn it for now, thought I'd get a few rust issues sorted before getting new windows. Insurance money has come through so ill either get similar windows from Gunzl or keep looking for original replacements which is probably not going to be possible to source! I'll keep everyone posted:)

-------------
robbie

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net