The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

twocker in sheffield

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: twocker in sheffield
    Posted: 28 Jun 08 at 19:14
Dead My bus known affectionally known as the dog because a previous owner left a load of dog hairs in it has been STOLEN. This was my first van bought off my mate and i had big plans for it. It was going to the brickwerks this friday and had been standing for a bit as wasnt that drivable until the problem sorted. It was stolen from Penistone Road near the Sheffield Wednesday football ground. Reg E447 KYN. Blue with a very distinctive and high reimo conversion. No sign of glass anywhere and i still have the key! Two other vans parked very close to it so if you read this be careful.
People who touch a mans bus really have no manners.
Im gutted.
mjw
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 08 at 20:24
that sucks.

there was another near miss in Sheffield lately wasnt there?
Do you have any pikeys camped locally by any chance?

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Geordie Dubber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Whinger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geordie Dubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 08 at 20:50
i feel for you mate as i know how i would feel if the shoe was on the other foot!will keep my eyes peeled even though there is little chance of it appearing around my neck of the woods!
Thank you and Good night
90 Diesel Transporter / Camper self conversion
BenA View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 08 at 21:02
shit - sorry to hear about this - this is about a mile from me. Something is going on around Sheffield with T3s  
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 08 at 09:30
Was it like a bluestar with a BIG hightop,and black/silver reg plates??? if so I think I saw it parked up not far from me yesterday afternnon with another T3.
Thedog pm if so for more info.
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 08 at 09:38
these thieving f**kers piss me off.
hope you get it back in one piece fella.
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 08 at 10:11
If it was the one I saw yesterday,(which isn't there now as just been up for a look),its very distinctive indeed.And next to it was a light blue T3 camper with very distinctive white petals on it -B reg.
Yeah piffs me off too,its like they're all dropping like flies around me.....I'm so bloody paranoid about ours now,we always block it in the drive with another motor and disklok it but I still get up in the night if I hear owt!

the dog View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 08 at 10:45
Yeah it was parked off road with two other vans at the side of Penistone Road. A light blue B reg and a white one with the petals and a pop top. The white one has a SVWOC sticker on the back. I have left them a message on the wind screen . As i now know, not a good place to park. Didnt want to rag off my neighbours my taking up a parking spot with a big blue and white high top but next time the van takes priority. T3tdi it sounds like the same description because you simply couldn't miss it! There are (or were!) three or four vans round here so worth watching out for. Sure its been seen and targeted.
mjw
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 08 at 10:47
Okay mate,I'm guessing I saw it before it got pinched?,(yesterday at 2.30pm Abbeydale Road between numbers 845-855?)

the dog View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 08 at 10:58
Hi T3di. I reported it stolen at 12 o'clock saturday. The high top has Reimo on it and also a sticker of a bird that is peeling off. Also inside on the fridge is a picture of campers and a welcome mat. Its two tone, darker blue at the bottom and light blue at the top. A bit of rust over the drivers wheel arch. The inside was pretty clean and tidy. There was a VW motif above the wheel arch as well. If you see it again, have a look but mine was having carburettor issues and cutting out.
mjw
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 08 at 11:02
Oh,okay this isn't the same van then I don't think.The one I saw also had old style black/silver reg plates,and was metallic blue with alloys(I think).
I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled for you though.
Good luck friend!
the dog View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 08 at 12:43

A near neighbour and fellow T3 owner has shed some light on the situation. Apparently, the scrap value has reached a level where it worth nicking vans and taking them straight to the nearest scrappie. They are coming with recovery trucks, wearing hi vis jackets, and simply lifting the vehicles. The local VW owners club have sent out leaflets warning people of this practice. Therefore, the best solution is to try and make sure vehicles are parked around your van so this can't happen. All the feedback ive had on this matter is Sheffield seems to be being targetted at present. If any readers know or are the local boys in blue, let them know.

mjw
ElTel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElTel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 08 at 21:08
Hi Dog and T3di, Im in S9, believe I saw the van last week when I called in Charlie Browns, Dog was there a few vans on Penistone road. I will keep a eye out for it. Was up hunters bar lasr night there were a few vans around this area, will check out the area tomorrow. I also feel that  sheffield may be target. Pm me with full details if you want.
Growing Old is compulsory
Growing up is only a option
the dog View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 08 at 21:42
Thanks EL TEL. Thats the one. The good news is that i got a letter today that the dog has been recovered and is up the pound (ha ha no pun intended!). Im hoping without too much damage. Found sunday but the police dont bother telling you! See what the story is when i go and get it. I guess all the various theorys going round just mean to be careful where you park and take all the precautions you can. The guy from the brickwerks said very few people are asking for immobilisers to be fitted but it seems it may be reaching a point where it is worth it. Having said that, insurance reckon its still rare they are nicked.
mjw
BenA View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 08 at 09:03
Glad it's been recovered dog. Keep us posted.
the dog View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 08 at 13:10
Got me hopes up! What they fail to tell you in the letter is it was set on fire first and recovered as a burnt out wreck! Found about a mile away in an allotments and torched. Mindless and pointless trashing of a great vehicle probably for a bit of mobile phone footage. So thats the end of this saga chaps as all with the insurance. Thanks for the messages. Ill be back on the forum in due course with another van but with more security than Wakefield Prison.
mjw
dustyjones View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustyjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 08 at 13:20
AngryCrywhat a bunch of tw**s, really feel for you buddy.
BenA View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 08 at 13:33

Arse - sorry to hear that - how fisting pointless

ElTel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElTel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 08 at 21:15
Sos Buddy, Hope to see you soon
Growing Old is compulsory
Growing up is only a option
Tim Hamnett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Hamnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 08 at 01:20
Exactly how many vans have gone from Sheffield?
I've had a number of vehicles nicked by scrappies in the past (Bay camper, scirocco storm etc). All of them have been off the road and untaxed at the time. Scrappies seem to think they're fair game, and the police seem to agree judging by the lack of interest they show.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>